NEWS AND EVENTS
GMR distributes newsletters to its members several times a year. They provide up to date information on activities, current status and updates on projects and events. Signing up for or updating your membership with an email address will allow us to send you this information electronically. We also provide news worthy information of happenings in the Guyanese and Caribbean Community in Southern California
We raise funds through various events throughout the year, along with solicitation of donations and Membership dues. As a non-profit corporation, all donations are tax-deductible.
Sub-Committees of the Organization: Board and Committee Members have created Sub-Committees committed to assisting specific Hospitals and Clinics. These are – The Linden Hospital Fund Committee (LHFC), the Bartica Hospital Fund Committee (BHFC) and the Mahaicony Hospital and Development Committee (MHDC). These Sub-Committees hold specific events to raise funds for those hospitals, freeing the General Fund to address the needs of the other health facilities.
MASTER CALENDAR FOR 2019
- APRIL 29th, 2019: GMR’s Annual General Meeting 1:00p.m. at Kochi Indian Restaurant, 1101 Aviation Blvd. Hermosa Beach, CA 90254. Meeting begins at 1:00 pm.
- MAY 5th, 2019: Walk-a-Thon at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Meet at Parking Lot B, 920 Rosemont Avenue, Pasadena CA 91103. Walks start promptly at 8:00 am.
- SEPTEMBER 21th, 2019: Dinner Dance fundraiser. Carson Event Center, 801 East Carson Street, Carson CA
- TBD: Linden Breakfast
Mark Your Calendar for 2020!
- March/April 2020-Annual General Meeting
- May 2020—Walk For Health
- June/July 2020—Bartica Hospital Event
- September 2020—Linden Breakfast
- October 2020– The Annual Dinner/Dance